Therapy is all about connection, and that’s why we want you to choose the therapist that feels like the right fit for you.
We suggest therapist matches, you choose who to have an intro call with. This is an opportunity for you and the therapist to speak before committing to a first session. Both you and the therapist are looking to make sure you’re the right fit for one another.
It’s absolutely normal to feel nervous before an intro call, here’s what you can expect:
- Intro calls last 15-20 minutes.
- The therapist will most likely ask you:
- Why are you considering therapy?
- Have you explored therapy before? If yes, what was the experience like for you?
- Personal & family mental health history, lifestyle choices, major life changes, current symptoms or things that are bothering you.
- What are you looking for in a therapist?
We recommend taking a few minutes before the call to think through these questions so you can feel prepared. It’s absolutely appropriate for you to ask the therapist questions about their practice and style as well. We encourage this!
Here are a few examples of questions you might ask:
- What is your approach to therapy, and what would a session with you look like?
- How do you support clients who share similar concerns / hurdles / objectives as me?
- For how long do you recommend someone remain in therapy?
- What are your fees, and do you work on a sliding scale?
For more insight on finding the right therapist fit and what to expect in therapy, explore these additional articles:- How To Find The Right Therapist, And What To Expect In Therapy
- 4 Tips to Read Before Your First Therapy Session
- Is It Normal to be Scared of Therapy?
New to Frame? Create your (free!) Frame profile today to begin browsing your therapist matches.